First Impression & Swatchfest: Sleek's Candy Collection

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3

I can't tell you how happy I was when I learned that Sleek will ship to the US (and APO/FPO boxes)! I've been wanting to try out a bunch of their products for a while and I thought I would start with the limited edition, adorable Candy Collection eyeshadow and blush palettes. (Look at those boxes! Love it!)

Just as a note, I still haven't quite figured out the best way to take these kinds of pictures so I'm apologizing in advance! I know that the eyeshadow swatches aren't ideal, but they're the best I could get so far. I'm going to keep trying different lighting and settings to find the greatest way to do this. All of the pictures were taken in natural lighting. If you have any tips/tricks or even background preferences or anything, let me know in the comments!

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3

First, this is the Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Candy Eyeshadow Palette. There are 12 different colors (1.1g each) for $9.99. The palette is made of plastic and comes with a mirror opposite the eyeshadows as well as the always helpful (rolls eyes) sponge tipped applicator. I don't mind the packaging. It's a little difficult for me to open, but it closes securely and is a nice size and weight. I really wish that Sleek had printed the color names somewhere on the actual palette because that's usually what I prefer and the insert looks like it was printed on twice and not very well.

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3

Colors from left to right on the top row: Strawberry Sherbet (bright pink matte), Bon Bon (mauve shimmer), Palma Violet (deep violet matte), Apple Sour (blueish green shimmer), Pear Drop (yellow-green matte), and Flump(?) (purple matte). From left to right on the bottom row: Liqourice (black matte), Blue Fizzle (navy shimmer), Aniseed (orange copper shimmer), Bubble Gum (bright blue matte), Mint Cream (green matte), Cream Soda (cream matte).

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3
Strawberry Sherbet, Bon Bon, Liqourice, Blue Fizzle
first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3
Palma Violet, Apple Sour, Aniseed, Bubble Gum
first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3
Pear Drop, Flump, Mint Cream, Cream Soda
All of these were swatched over bear skin with my finger. I like doing first impression swatches this way to see the products at their worst. I have a feeling that even though some of these shades (I'm for sure lookin' at you Strawberry Sherbet) don't look that great in the swatches, they will look 100x better over a white base.

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3

I'm very impressed with this palette seeing as it was less than $10. There are some really nice colors that I can see myself wearing a lot and I'm excited to put this palette to use.

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3

This is the Sleek MakeUP Blush By 3 Sweet Cheeks Candy palette. There are three different blushes (17g of product) for $12.49. The packaging is very similar to the eyeshadow palette. It's made out of the same material with a large mirror opposite the blushes and it makes the same satisfying "click" when being closed. The name of each blush is printed on the back of this palette though, so hooray for that!

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3

The colors from left to right are Candy Floss (cream), Dolly Mix (matte), and Cupcake (shimmer).

first

first impressions, swatch, swatches, swatchfest, sleek makeup, sleek, eyeshadow palette, blush palette, blusher, candy collection, i-divine, blush by 3
Cupcake, Dolly Mix, Candy Floss

I am obsessed with these! The pigmentation is awesome and the texture is amazing. So far, I definitely think that this palette is well worth the money.

I will no doubt be ordering more Sleek products in the future and can't wait to put these palettes to use!

Do you have any Sleek products or are you eyeing anything on the website? What do you think? Don't forget to give me any photography/setup feedback!

xox

Facebook Bloglovin Twitter Instagram Pinterest 

10 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colours. I can't get over how bright that yellow is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great on your skin. I always do that too when I try on make-up to see how the pigmentation is. Sometimes the palette looks good but when you actually apply it on your skin, it just seems to fade.

    Apple
    www.appleandbees.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. That's what happened with my Pandora eyeshadows. The pigmentation looked great until used on skin.

      Delete
  3. i've got both of these, just haven't used them yet.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Twins! Just as an FYI, Bubblegum is ridiculously soft. Like, really ridiculously soft, so tread lightly!

      Delete
  4. Yes, it says flump! They're a type of marshmallow sweet. <3 Haha. I sooo want both of these, I'm just hoping they're still in stores when I go back to the UK for Christmas because I can't afford new make up right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks for clarifying! I've never heard of it before. I thought it was "Plump" at first, but looked at it again and was so confused! XD
      Oh, I hope so too. This collection is so adorable!

      Delete
  5. I love sleek palettes! I've just picked up (and reviewed) the palette and blush from their Vintage Romance collection. Now you've got me wanting to buy the candy palette too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally going to be picking up more Sleek palettes soon. I checked out your blog, btw! You have a new follower. :3

      Delete

I always appreciate all of your comments! Thank you so much for supporting my blog. <3